May 17, 2022
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – ICT INTERN
The National Council of Churches of Kenya, an umbrella Organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidate, to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: ICT Intern (1 Post)
DUTY STATION: Head Office
DURATION: 6 Months, with possibility of extension based on performance
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Information and Communications Technology Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support NCCK staff for network, hardware, and software issues. This is through evaluation, testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems, and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software. Record activities, solutions, and other responses to requests for service.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to the ICT Manager. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to both ICT Manager and device service centers.
- Unpack and install ICT equipment such as new computers and peripherals. Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Monitor antivirus management console and update and scan computers infected with spyware, adware, and/or viruses.
- Provide backup technical support for the network including router, firewall, and wireless access point, and monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Contribute to NCCK technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Communicate with users in assessing their ongoing needs, recommend best practices, effective solutions, and implement to produce desired results, and develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Periodic printer maintenance such as head cleaning and alignment. Re-fill printer toner and cartridges.
- Consult with ICT Manager and vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Set up equipment in the office including new accounts and profiles for all users and ensure all new equipment is functional before it is distributed.
- Training of end-user on Microsoft 365 environment and any new technologies through automation of tasks and processes.
- Provide high-level, proactive, information systems support for Finance Management Systems
- Ensure that NCCK ICT policies and procedures are always implemented and followed and maintain open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for Information Technology.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Higher Diploma and evidence that the incumbent is pursuing a university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Other Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Experience with Windows 10 and above operating systems in a technical support environment.
- Experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office applications, including the Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Enterprise Resource planning system is an added advantage
- Awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Awareness of the PC industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to research and understand technical documentation and understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as operating system and application software installations and upgrades, as well as virus protection and eradication.
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Relevant Job Experience
- Minimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized organization.
Interested candidates should visit NCCK JOB APPLICATION FORM to fill the Recruitment Form not later than May 31, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.