Human Resource and Administration Officer (Nairobi)
May 17, 2022
The National Council Churches of Kenya (NCCK), an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, experienced and results oriented professional for the position of Human Resource and Administration Officer.
We invite applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following position:
Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Reporting to the Human Resource & Administration Manager, the officer will provide overall strategic leadership in the Human Resource and Administration department in the Council in the management of human capital that subscribe to the Council’s core values.
- To ensure the Council maintains highly skilled and competent work force
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure that the Council has best practice
- Managing the human capital to have a productive workforce that support’s the Council’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure that the Council and its institutions maintain adequate staffing in accordance with approved establishment.
- Facilitate periodic review and update of Human Resources and Council policies and procedures in line with changes in the local labour laws and practices.
- Coordinate the annual staff performance appraisal process.
- Manage staff salaries and benefits schemes, which include medical, group insurance, end of contract benefits, annual and other leave etc.
- Facilitate periodic job evaluation and salary and benefits survey processes.
- Ensure effective management of the grievance handling and disciplinary procedures.
- Attend to and advise the Council on Industrial Relations matters and changes in labour laws
- Convene and coordinate general staff meetings.
- Monitor and control the department’s expenditure to ensure that it is within budget
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate should possess the following key competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized University.
- Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) and in good standing
- At least 3 years’ work experience of in a similar role.
- Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management.
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Effective working relationship with staff and other stakeholders
Interested candidates should visit NCCK JOB APPLICATION FORM to fill the Recruitment Form not later than May 31, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.