Driver/Logistician South Rift Region (REF: D-SR)
June 30, 2021
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position in South Rift for a period of 12 months.
POSITION: DRIVER (REF: D-SR)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure timely, efficient and safe driving of personnel, and maintain the organizations project vehicles in a clean and mechanically sound condition.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform driving duties for the organization as per assigned responsibilities in accordance with NCCK policies.
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of staff to the respective stations/places.
- Timely collection, care and delivery of parcels to designated places.
- Report immediately to the supervisor any motor vehicle faults noted and coordinate rectification of the same as guided by the supervisor.
- Maintain a functional tool kit and First Aid Box.
- Ensure that the motor vehicle insurance policy is always valid and report to the supervisor at least one month in advance for renewal.
- Maintain proper work ticket for motor vehicle usage.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Certificate/Diploma in logistics
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Must have a valid driving license for motor vehicles class B, C, E and basic skills in motor mechanics/maintenance.
- AA Certificate of competency.
- Valid Certificate of good conduct.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Proficiency, dexterity in handling motor vehicles
- Knowledge of the traffic code and what to do in various situations.
- Good knowledge of roads and routes including Nairobi.
- Initiative and drive, flexibility and readiness to work at odd hours.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have experience in logistics and worked in a similar position for at least three (3) years.
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com The application forms to be received before Monday July 12, 2021 at 6pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position and Job ref number you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.