June 30, 2021
National Council of Churches of Kenya, an umbrella organisation for Protestant Churches and Christian Organisations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitable candidates in Jumuia Resorts to fill the following positions;
|JOB TITLE:||POOL ATTENDANT|
|POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:||2 (Two)|
|DUTY STATION:||1no. Jumuia Conference & Beach Resort Kanamai-Mombasa (Job Ref: JCBR/2021)
1no. Jumuia Resort Kisumu (Job Ref: JRK/2021)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean assigned Resort facilities (i.e. the swimming pool, pool deck, equipment areas, locker room, showers)
- Inspect Swimming pool, deck, and mechanical equipment for the purposes of ensuring that it is suitable for safe operations, maintaining an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs.
- Evaluate equipment function for the purpose of maintaining facilities and complying with mandated health requirements.
- Maintain Pool, including proper chemical and PH rate for the purpose of complying with mandated safety and health requirements.
- Assist in maintaining swimming pool equipment (e.g. backwashing filters, pump equipment) for the purpose of ensuring equipment is in proper working condition
- Maintain record for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail and/0r complying with mandated requirements
- Monitors inventory levels of chemical and other pool maintenance supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of supplies as needed
- Performs minor repairs to swimming pool equipment and facilities for the purpose of maintaining facilities and equipment in safe operating condition
- Assist with setup and/or movement of equipment (e.g. starting blocks, benches) for the purpose of ensuring availability for special events).
- Prepare purchase orders for the purpose of securing needed supplies.
- Responds to inquiries from Guests, Public Health Department and other relevant parties for the purpose of conveying information regarding swimming pool operations
- Stocks chemicals and other supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Certificate in Swimming Pool Attendance
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Able to operate pool maintenance equipment and handle hazardous materials
- Ability to operate within a defined budget
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org The application forms to be received before Monday July 12, 2021 at 6pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please the indicate job title and reference no. in the email subject line.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.