South Rift Region
About NCCK South Rift Region
The National Council of Churches of Kenya started its operations in South Rift region in 1996. The Region constitutes the following 6 counties: Samburu, Baringo, Nakuru, Kericho, Bomet and Narok. As such the region covers the Arid and Semi arid lands (ASAL) of Narok, Samburu, Baringo as well as the Kenyan highland areas of Nakuru, Kericho and Bomet.The backbone of the livelihoods of people in this region is agriculture with the ASAL areas depending on livestock production.
The region is managed through a Regional Conference which is the supreme organ, while the Regional Committee and the Regional officials constitute the Board of Management guided by the strategic plan of NCCK.
The regional office in is Nakuru town located along Oginga Odinga road section 58 block No. 15 plot No. 13.
Member Churches in the Region
The region has the following member churches and institutions:
- African Christian Church and Schools (ACC&S)
- African Israel Nineveh Church (AINC)
- Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK)
- East African Yearly Meeting of Friends (Quakers).
- Lyahuka Church of East Africa
- Kenya Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Pentecostal Evangelistic Fellowship of Africa (PEFA).
- Methodist Church of Kenya
- Reformed Church of East Africa (RCEA)
- Africa Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa(AIPCA)
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA)
- Maranatha Mission of Kenya
- Salvation Army
- African Brotherhood Church
- Scriptural Holiness Mission
- Kenya Assemblies of God (KAG)
- Church of God in East Africa
- Full Gospel Churches of Kenya
The fraternal associates operating in the region include the Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS) and World Vision. The Associate members are the Bible society of Kenya and the Kenya Students Christian Fellowship (KSCF).