HEALTH COORDINATOR, URAP
May 15, 2022
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – ADVERTISEMENT
HEALTH COORDINATOR, URAP
The National Council Churches of Kenya (NCCK), an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, experienced and results oriented professional. Applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following position:
|JOB TITLE:||HEALTH COORDINATOR, URAP|
|COMMENCEMENT DATE:||MAY, 2022|
|WORKSTATION:||URBAN REFUGEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, NAIROBI|
|IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR||Senior Programme Officer|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide functional and/or technical support and implement operational plans to enhance the healthcare coordination services for urban refugees in Nairobi
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee smooth implementation of primary health care, reproductive health, preventive and outreach health services to urban refugees in Nairobi.
- Review and update, if necessary, all procedures, forms and documents used by the department on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and project development of the department in collaboration with the Senior Program Officer.
- Fund raising for the project in collaboration with the Finance and Program teams.
- Oversee and facilitate the medical referral system from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps. This entails communicating with the medical coordinators at the camp on details of patients, travel arrangements and ensures timely feedback system. This will also involve regular missions to the camp.
- Responsible for the overall management of all referrals in the respective health facilities; this entails visiting the hospitals, communicating with the hospital doctors, reviewing treatment offered on a regular basis and following expenditure.
- Maintain a strict budget monitoring system on a monthly basis. Plan activities appropriately with Program and Finance.
- Responsible for the development of the medical reports for UNHCR on a monthly, quarterly, 6 months, 9 months and annual report.
- Facilitate identification, partnership and recording of suitable partners for the provision of medical services for refugees.
- Work closely with the Community Services Coordinator, Managers of the Accommodation Centre and Project Manager in identifying gaps in services provided and where these services can be accessed.
- Develop fund-raising proposals for potential donors on medical activities, in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Participate in all relevant UNHCR, National and County Government coordination meetings (health/nutrition/technical) on a weekly /monthly basis.
- Represent the Council as a technical expert regarding health/nutrition, when required by senior Management.
- Initiate proper data collection on the general health situation of refugee communities (Somali, Ethiopian, Great Lakes and Sudanese) in Nairobi depending on age, gender and nationality.
- Create awareness amongst refugees on certain priority areas such as prevention of HIV-AIDS, SGBV, COVID 19.
- On call 24 hours daily to provide directions on any emergency referral.
- Prepare staff appraisals to monitor performance identify objectives, work plan and training needs on an annual basis.
- Provide any disciplinary action, in consultation with the Section Head/HR Officer if required. All action must be recorded in the staff files.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- A registered member of the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Computer Literate.
- Personal Attributes
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- A team player
- Relevant Job Experience
- 3 years working experience preferably in a refugee camp set uP
Interested candidates should visit NCCK JOB APPLICATION FORM to fill the Recruitment Form not later than 12:00 pm on May 27, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.