March 9, 2023
The National Council Churches of Kenya (NCCK), an umbrella organisation for Protestant Churches and Christian Organisations registered in Kenya, seeks to recruit a highly-skilled, experienced and results-oriented professional. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions:
Position: Communications Officer
Duty Location: Nairobi
- Assist in the development and implementation of a digital communication and engagement strategy for the Council
- Support in the administration of the Council’s digital communication platforms
- Develop engaging and informative content for digital communications platforms in line with the Council communication and branding policies
- Initiate, drive and monitor social media campaigns as guided by the management
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database of social media audiences, posts and engagements
- Train, coach and mentor staff on digital communications
- Assist in development of input and output documents from Council activities
- Compile periodic programme reports in a timely manner
- Support the preparation of updates from programme work to inform public communications
- Assist in the development of programme information / publicity materials
- Support photography and videography during Council activities
- Prepare regular unit operations reports as guided by the supervisor
Digital Resources Development
- Support the management of the NCCK digital resources repositories (photographs, video and audio data)
- Support the editing of audio-visual material to generate content for digital communication platforms
- Attend Council events and generate digital communication content as required
- Research and generate content for the Council website and digital communication platforms
- Monitor best practices and emerging trends in social media and make recommendations for adjustment of the Council’s social media strategy as necessary
Key Skills and Competencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a Communication role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Experience developing / posting content on social media platforms
- Keen attention to detail and well organized
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software and other computer applications.
- Proficient in content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional ethics and confidentiality
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to fill out the online job application form no later than 12.00 pm on March 23, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.