July 30, 2020
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd. a group of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following position in their units.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide and promote financial accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of the hospital by assisting the Accountant
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare petty cash vouchers, processing, ledger posting and cash reconciliation.
- Prepare, payment vouchers, cheques for approval.
- Supervise clerical staff, billing, shop, ward secretary and morgue.
- Make daily banking of billing, morgue and shop receipts.
- Input data into the hospital HMIS
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Verify purchases cash/credit for the stores/kitchen/shop to ensure payments of the same will be in order.
- Ensure statutory returns are filed timely.
- Suppliers’ payments are made timely.
- Update MIS in conjunction with HRIO
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the accountant / management
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- CPA III
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Working knowledge of accounting systems,
- Analytical, technical and logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least two years
Terms and Expression of Interest:
This position is full-time on two year contract basis. Candidates wishing to be considered for this opportunity should download the JH JOB APPLICATION FORM 072020 fill it and send on PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 6th 2020 indicating their availability as well as their preferred station. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.